6 Ways to Make Your Living Space Cozy
Everybody loves coming back to home and living place that is warm, cozy and inviting. Nothing could be more relaxing and rejuvenating than spending some quality time with your family and loved ones in an extra-cozy living room. You may have the best furnace brand in your lounge space, but it should be cozy too and it means you need to work on the furnishings, lighting and comfort.
If you think that you need to make the living space in your home a bit cozier, ten you have just landed at the right page. For here, you will find some simple, and effective ways to make your living space cozy !
- To begin with understand what cozy means and it stands for warmth, comfort and welcoming. Here are some great ideas to create the ultimate cozy living room and make the most out of your lounge space.
- Keep things simple, casual and inviting as the purpose here is not to impress your guests but create a warm space for yourself. So, instead of focusing on a sophisticated and formal living room, create a satisfying spot to unwind. Do not use any furniture and décor that is too fancy as that can take away the casual warmth of the living space.
- The furniture and furnishings should ooze warmth and comfort. So, go ahead and place an extra-deep sofa for greater comfort. Toss in a few pillows and cushions on the chairs, sofa and the rug. Overstuffed floor pillows on the floor will only make the space welcoming. You can also use some throw blankets to add texture and warmth.
- Ensure that there is plenty of natural light and fresh air in the room. Windows should be large enough to allow in light and avoid heavy curtains as they will only make the room look darker. A cozy living room should not feel and look dark and restricted. You can add some plants to enhance the freshness of the room.
- Nothing could seem better than a flickering fireplace for a cozy night. For those who don’t have luxury of a hearth, they could ligh5t a lantern or some candles for that warm glow in the room. Now you are all set for a long Netflix binge night ahead. You could also place some floor and table lamps to create that inviting warm glow within your living room space.
- Place some bookshelves and books against one wall to create a sense of depth and character in the living room. It is indeed very soothing and relaxing to curl up on a sofa with your favorite book on a rainy day and sip from your coffee mug as you gaze out of the window. So, if you love books, go ahead and make good sue of them in your living room.
- Add a personal touch and leave some space on a wall for family photos and it is sure to make your living room feel inviting and warm. There’s nothing like adding family pictures in your living room to make it look warmer and fill it with comforting memories. Having those pictures in the room is like making it your very own and personal.
- Cover the hard flooring with some rugs or carpets to add warmth and texture to the living room., This is an effective way to enhance the visual appeal of your sitting room and transform it completely. However, just make sure that the color and texture of the rug or carpet enhances the warmth of the living room.