|3. No water running at all? If there is no running water from your tap but you|
can’t find the frozen pipe it may be hidden or inaccessible. Contact a licensed
plumber for help immediately.
4. Watch out for leaks. If you find one, a pipe has unfortunately split.
What to do if you suspect a split
1. Turning off your main stop-cock is the best way to minimise damage if a pipe
has ruptured but check first that it is safe to do so, particularly if you have
a combi boiler.
2. Leave any trickling taps on as running water through pipes will help to melt
3. Call a licensed plumber for immediate help.
What to do if water is flooding your
1. Turn off your main stop-cock (checking first that it is safe to do so,
especially if you have a combi boiler). Stopping the mains flow will limit the
2. Check your insurance policy schedule to see if you have Home Emergency cover?
If so call the 24 hour Home Emergency number provided.
3. No cover? Call a plumber for help to control and reduce the damage caused by
the escaping water.