HOW TO DEAL WITH FROZEN PIPES
What to do if you find a frozen pipe that hasn’t burst yet
1. Try to thaw the pipe manually by using a hair dryer set on a low heat setting, towels soaked in hot water. NEVER use an electric fire or an open flame, such as a blowtorch.
2. Turn on your tap at regular intervals to check if the water is running freely, if so, that means you have successfully defrosted the pipe.
What to do if you suspect a split frozen pipe
2. Leave any trickling taps on as running water through pipes will help to melt the ice.
3. Call a licensed plumber for immediate help.
2. Check your insurance policy schedule to see if you have Home Emergency cover? If so call the 24 hour Home Emergency number provided.
3. No cover? Call a plumber for help to control and reduce the damage caused by the escaping water.