HOW TO CLEAN A FRIDGE FREEZER
If youÃ¢ÂÂre battling with the door trying to get your frozen pizza out, itÃ¢ÂÂs time to defrost it. The downside to this is that there is not a quick way to go about it. However, there are a few tips you can use to make the task less laborious:
1. Unplug the appliance. This is an extremely important safety measure.
2. Remove all the food. With this in mind, an ideal time to defrost your freezer is when stock is low. If you have a cool box this can be used to keep some of the items cold, others should be wrapped in newspaper or old, clean towels.
3. Lay down towels or newspapers on the floor surrounding the freezer.
4. To speed up the thawing place bowls of boiling water on each shelf and return to freezer in about 20 minutes to half an hour.
5. With a blunt non metal item start to remove as much ice as you possibly can.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all ice is removed. Depending on the state of your freezer this may take some time.
7. Once the ice is removed you can begin cleaning it. Wipe down the shelves and the exterior of the freezer using soapy water. A great tip is to use washing up liquid.
As thawing takes a while, this gives you the perfect opportunity to clean your fridge. After a while the fridge can begin to smell and look untidy, for instance some jam may have spilt onto a shelf. However, with these cleaning tips, you can have your fridge back to its gleaming state:
1. The fridge is already unplugged, so all you need to do is remove the food and take out the shelves and drawers.
2. Fill the sink with hot soapy water and leave the shelves to soak.
3. With tough food stains you can use a multipurpose cleaner to spot clean. Leave for a little while and then scrub off using an old toothbrush.
4. After youÃ¢ÂÂve finished spot cleaning, give the fridge a wipe down using hot soapy water.
5. Now that the shelves have been left to soak, stains should be easy to wash off. Clean shelves with washing up liquid for a sparkling finish.
6. With the drawers leave them to soak in hot soapy water, whilst you tackle your freezer.
7. Dry the shelves and drawers and place all the components back in their rightful place. Clean the exterior using a multipurpose cleaner and youÃ¢ÂÂre left with a clean fridge freezer.
8. Replace the food back into the fridge and freezer.