5 Important Tips for Insuring Your Luxury Sports Car
by Jack Brooks for
But it’s very likely to catch the eye of a thief, too. That’s why you need insurance. Not just any insurance. Insurance that’s specific to the
Here are 5 of the most important tips you need to know to properly insure your luxury car:
1. Find the right insurer. Not every insurance company will sell you insurance for your luxury car. Finding an insurer for a
2. Decide whether you’re a daily driver or a “Saturday Nighter.” You must give potential insurers an accurate estimate of your annual mileage. If you just take your baby out on sunny summer Sundays for a drive in the country or to cruise on Saturday nights, you can save big on insurance because of the low miles driven. Less than 5,000 miles is usually the limit.
3. Join the club! Consider becoming a member of the owner’s club for your model or auto maker. Club members are always willing to share tips about such things as upkeep, special problems and maintenance as well as sources of parts and even good insurers.
4. Ask for discount auto insurance. Beyond anything else, ask the insurance company what memberships you could belong to or what you could add to the car (a security system generally helps) to get the best coverage at the lowest price. Package insurance coverage policies for your home or other cars together with your sports car. You could see savings in the total cost.
5. Don’t forget to tell your insurer about that $5000 audio system or any other expensive aftermarket accessories that you’ve added on. They might not like that nitrous oxide supercharger, but if you don’t disclose it, it may not be covered in a claim.
Copyright Â© 2000-2020
No portion of this site may be reproduced or redistributed without prior
Hints and Things cannot be
|Garage Index – Search – Contents – Contact Us – Home|
– Legal – Privacy and
Workshop – Office – Library
– Bathroom – Living – Nursery
Utility – Kitchen – Games
– Music – Garden