Hints and Things does not use any 1st Party cookies - more information .
1. Cut out the caffeine. This sounds like an obvious thing to do, but most people don’t know that some foods have some hidden caffeine. Make sure that you aren’t eating too much chocolate or drinking too much iced tea or soda before your bedtime. If you are still having a problem sleeping, you might want to cut these items out of your diet altogether.
2. Give yourself a bedtime. If you have kids, they have a bedtime based on how old they are, but most adults don’t give themselves a bedtime. You are probably doing other things while you should be sleeping, because you have a busy life. Giving yourself a strict bedtime and sticking to it is a good way to make sure you get enough sleep.
6. Turn off the TV. You shouldn’t have a TV in your bedroom if you want to get a good night’s sleep, although most people have one. Make sure that once your bedtime comes, you turn it off and go to sleep without noise, distraction and excitement of something else.
7. Cool it down. Most people sleep better in cooler weather, so make sure that you have your bedroom set to the proper temperature. You shouldn’t be too cold or too hot.
8. Dim the lights. Make sure that there aren’t any lights on in the room and that the room is dark and comfortable.
9. Turn off the phone. Unless it is an emergency, you should turn the ringer off on your phone. After your bedtime, you shouldn’t get up to chat with friends or handle non-urgent business.
10. Close the curtains. Make sure that the curtains are closed so that you aren’t woken up before you have to get up the next morning. Curtains can help keep out some of the light and noise from making its way into the bedroom.
The way in which you design your bedroom can also affect sleep patterns so check out these tips for designing your bedroom to encourage better sleep.
Copyright © 2000-2020
Hints and Things cannot be held responsible for any information given on this site nor do they necessarily agree with, or endorse, the views given by third parties.