Fireworks are fun for wise guys who remember,
remember on the fifth of November (and at any other time) to follow simple safety
guidelines when holding a bonfire beano in their garden:-
- Make sure they're well away from fences, garden sheds and houses and
are not hiding any hedgehogs!
- Never light them with flammable liquids such as petrol or paraffin.
- Ensure fully extinguished before going back indoors.
- Keep in a sealed box or tin and use them one at a time, replacing the
- NEVER put fireworks in your pocket.
- NEVER use a naked flame to light fireworks - light
them at arms length using a taper or firework lighter.
- Stand well back and never return to a firework after it has been lit
- it could explode.
- Ensure children using sparklers are supervised at all times. Do
not tough sparklers when they go out - they will still burn you and dispose of them in a
bucket of cold water.
And don't forget:
- Keep a bucket of water and a garden hose handy.
For more information on firework safety visit
Reproduced by kind permission of West Sussex District Council (www.westsussex.gov.uk)
Copyright © 2000-2013 Hints and Things
All Rights Reserved.
No portion of this site may be reproduced or redistributed without prior
written permission from Hints and Things. All trademarks & copyrights
throughout Hints and Things remain the property of their respective
Hints and Things cannot be
held responsible for any information given on this site nor do they
necessarily agree with, or endorse, the views given by third parties.